Dictionary – multilingual and multidirectional
3 January 2023 neu: Many entries were revised. Irish and Catalan were considerably extended.
We are not the greatest and not the best. We make mistakes, because only those who do nothing make no mistakes. (So here’s the warning that is unfortunately compulsory nowadays: No guarantee for the accuracy of the entries and the functionality of the site, no liability for consequences resulting from the use of the site and the information provided!) Our project is based on work in free time, so please forgive us if not everything is perfect right away. But whatever the problem seems to be: We work on it, day and night, without rest, without sleep, with no regard to our health, our families, our friends. At least sometimes, just as time permits.
- 36 languages, more in preparation
- usable in any direction, thanks to linguistics-based sememe cataloguing and progressive search technology
- steady improvement of the quality of translations through systematic manual revision of the entries
- steady improvement of the user-friendliness through optimisation of the program code
- systematic expansion of the information on semantics, grammar and phonetics
- systematic expansion of the entries by information on the linguistic origin and relation
- steadily growing audio and collocation collection
- no cookies, no tracking, no collecting and storing of user information (IP address per access will be logged for technical and legal reasons)
Attention! Etymos dictionaries contain animal products, genetically modified foods and substances suspected of inducing intolerance or allergies or causing cancer. They may contain traces of peanuts. During the production of the dictionaries, large quantities of dead animals were eaten and the atmosphere was polluted with climate-damaging greenhouse gases such as CO₂ from respiration and methane from digestion. However, all dictionary entries are completely recyclable and are offered on reusable websites.
Attention! This website contains links to external sites, especially to Amazon. Etymos is not responsible for the content of these sites and provides these links for information purposes only. Although they are hand-picked recommendations, legally, this is advertising - and yes, we earn a little commission for sales via Amazon.